WPC Composite is a kind of energy-saving and green environmental protection product, WPC plastic combined with organic compound nano-technology. WPC Composite could be a new product as a suitable replacement of wood formwork, composite steel formwork. Why use WPC shuttering ply and not Wooden or Metal shuttering ply the whole comparison answered is given in this article.
WPC Composite is energy-saving and environmental protection and might fully replace the standard steel formwork and wood formwork what is more. Its amortization price is meager. How WPC shuttering ply returns Wooden and Metal shuttering ply many people have a question in their mind but never had the answer, so here we are to provide you with a helpful response.
Considering the labor drawback & price of the formwork system, we at Alstone Wpc & silicone thought to develop an alternative formwork system that would facilitate the industry to reduce construction price and a system that’s easy to put in, dismantle & handle. We were ready to, with success, develop for the primary time in India a WPC Composite that can overcome most of the issues mentioned on top of.
Advantages of WPC Shuttering Ply
Presenting a few of the well-known advantages of WPC Shuttering ply:
- Lightweight, high strength, high hardness, impact resistance, wear resistance.
- The surface is smooth, bright, and clean; Concreting and forming the impact is good.
- No absorption of wet, no deformation, no mildew; long-term immersion stratification within the water, no bubbles, sheet size stability, particularly appropriate for the underground and damp setting.
- Good toughness. WPC Composite may get used as cambered special-shaped formwork.
- Acid and alkali resistance and corrosion resistance don’t need to do any preservative treatment each in exploitation and storing the formwork and don’t pollute the concrete surface.
- The reusable time for WPC Composite Sheet will reach quite 50 times, long service life.
- WPC Composite in construction is often easily installed and removed, only tapping, not releasing agent.
Shuttering, also called scaffolding, could be a primary but complex method of forming construction mold by the shuttering/scaffolding material, i.e., wood, plywood, steel, aluminum, plastic, magnesium, and materials. All of those shuttering materials have their advantages. However, wood is the most frequently used shuttering material, and therefore the price of wood shuttering is dependant on its quality. What is more, picket formwork is an aesthetically pleasing architectural method. For example, painting the wood and using an oil or epoxy treatment will increase the lifetime of the timber formwork, permitting you to use it repeatedly.
Dry wood is a sound-absorbent of water that absorbs the water of the concrete and dries it soon. This process weakens the internal bonding of concrete material. In case if the wood is soaked with water, the wet wood absorbs an excessive amount of water that compresses the concrete structure, and excess water shrinks down through joints, thus making grout leak and making crakes within the concrete system.
As wood shuttering has a short life, it can’t be used frequently. After using wood shuttering 5 to 10 times, It becomes useless.
Metal Shuttering Ply
- Very strong and ready to carry a heavy load.
- Easy to fix.
- It comes in a limited size or shape.
- Excessive loss of heat.
- A smooth surface is created, which provide problem in the finishing process.
Metal Shuttering ply can not be used for long, it has limited re-use. It can only be re-used 5 or 6 times. If the Metal Shuttering ply is dry, it will absorb moisture from wet concrete, weakening the resultant concrete member. Shuttering ply with high moisture content (more than 20 % moisture content), wet concrete will shrink & cup, leading to open joints & leakage of grout.